Report of excavations in 1900
The full text can be found in D.J.Christison “The Roman Road and Adjoining works from Ardoch to the Earn”, PSAS, 35, 1901.
No. 2 [Kirkhill], nearly a mile west from No. 3, is 50 yards south of the road, and was found to measure 112′ over all, of which the level interior took 46′, the ditch about 12′, and the environing [upcast] mound 18′ to 24′. The ditch was about 4′ deep, and the mound rose 2′ above the exterior ground. The four post-holes formed a square of 9′ 6″.